RO vs other MMOs

Contact your Multiworld friends around the world.

Moderator: 1WingedAngel

Debart

Re: RO vs other MMOs

Post by Debart »

Yeah, I recall a meeting where Crow, Raven and Irian really complained on how often one dies in STV. For me, when I stilled played my druid, it was the best wow experience of all times (Note, never tried raids or any of this on legal server, not enough time or passion to reach such a level).

Good quests, cool stuff around and those allies just shouting "kill me" all over;) one could really appreciate the complexity of druid character... many times have I battled allies there on a routine: Oh! An ally! Did he notice me? yeah! <cloak> <stun> <pwn> <heal> <kill>. And if someone wanted my blood? Simply cat-style run away and then cloak and have my revenge :D Killing players sometimes 3-4 levels higher then me -> priceless. Spoiling noob ally questing -> Why did i quit wow in the 1st place;)?

Ah yes.. free time^^
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

I dunno about "poor defenseless mages".. against people our lvl we have many defences, and even can help against high lvl people, CS/sheep/FN/Blink/Slow Fall all help a lot, and at higher lvl, Invis has saved my ass more times then anything. Of course, we do still get 2-shotted by the occasional rogue/kitty druid/DK, but so do most people I've seen (obligatory "damn DKs" rant here). Speaking of which, mages are so fun to play, in my opinion, since WotLK came out. Even can beat Frost DKs with relative ease (something no other class I've seen can say). ;)
Name: Michael
EU WoW: Kartekk (Outlands)
US WoW: Kartekk (Tichondrius)
Distant
Demokratyczny Moderator

Post by Distant »

As you noticed OWA we got 2shoted there. Also... Sheep useless on druids. Too low level for CS. Frost Nova/Blink thats only prolongs death. No pvp trinket to get rid 666 cc effects. It was nightmare X_X
Nothing is impossible
Crow

Post by Crow »

Internet voting are far from being accurate or cheat-proof, but still:

http://contest.mmosite.com/gameprize/pr ... php?item=1
Windukind

Post by Windukind »

Darkfall is said to be realeased after 12 days/ Get ready carebears to piss in your pants as the World of MMo is going change.
We do not sow

Oh, the places you will go! There is fun to be done. There are points to be scored. There are games to be won.
Debart

Post by Debart »

What will be the price and/or monthly payment for darkfall? Any possible trial download?
Distant
Demokratyczny Moderator

Post by Distant »

Well Darkfall has an opinion of vaporware so let's talk about real MMOs :P.
Nothing is impossible
Windukind

Post by Windukind »

Okay guys Darkfall is on market for few months now, so just use links below to find out which MMO is the best : )

Huge siegie 150+ attackers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhpdMJAjkV0

Another enermous battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQwfKzV4-E

Grand theft mount
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U_eOYu6 ... re=related

But one thing that i have to admit, graphics look depresing.
We do not sow

Oh, the places you will go! There is fun to be done. There are points to be scored. There are games to be won.
Skeat

Post by Skeat »

Playing RO and WAR atm, preordered Aion. Playing WAR and going to play Aion with the guild called Mystical Awakening.