RCX

Contact your Multiworld friends around the world.

Moderator: 1WingedAngel

GvS

RCX

Post by GvS »

http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=33754 - RCX topic

Very useful program. Few features:

- Shows remaining time of buffs. Very useful for mobbing.
- Autmatically ignores spam bots
- Shows AoE skills area with effects off
- Shows mobs HP
- Shows gained exp and exp/h

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqANP0eTY4A
A necromancer is just a really late healer.
Kirk

Re: Ragnarok Online Links

Post by Kirk »

OK, I installed it and I'm currently trying to configure the thing to open my RagFree.exe.... What fields should I modify in the RCX.ini ?? could I borrow your RCX.ini config? to avoid some problems, thank you
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

I did spend some time today to configure my RCX for the best use for my wizard. Ill try to share my little knowledge about modifying RCX.ini
I also provide attachment with what i did so far thou you'll still need to modify it to make it work.
I play with windowed mode on 960x600 resolution. Since most in-game window and other element positions are set by the offset from screen center you will most probably need to change those too.

At first - How did i made it work at all
I'm sure its neither the best nor shortest way to achieve that but it worked for me and i didn't want to mess with that more than i already did. So now...

*After doing as first post on wikiforum says, open your RCX.ini file and go for the very bottom. Since it is chinglish stuff it'll be easier to move backwards. If you are using my file you'll find those lines

Code: Select all

[D:\gry\RagnarokOnline\ragexe.exe]
Size=3600500
CRC32=BF1ECC6A
MD5=e1ef9704597d2c1e31d57e8e26a87deb
RagAddrData=f&|f|<j%hyd|`|l~|1|e|<j%|.^!|5j%^&^!|5j%b&|A|5j%tz|X|5j%Dz|X|5j%D~|X|5j%Hz|X|5j%H~|X|5j%b"|O|5j%f&|O|5j%j"|O|5j%f"|O|5j%n&|O|5j%Hz|O|5j%P~|O|5j%Pz|O|5j%L~|O|5j%Tz|O|5j%|6^!|5j%|*^!|5j%|"^!|5j%|&^!|5j%|j^!|5j%|:^!|5j%tz^!|5j%Lz^!|5j%b"|;|5j%pz|&|5j%f&|;|5j%|v|U|5j%P~|X|5j%\~|Q|5j%Tz|g|5j%Dz|b|5j%|~|V|5j%TzPx|8j%D~^%|5j%|&|O|5j%f&dw|.j%|Fxw|.j%|*|R|5j%|"|R|5j%|.|R|5j%j"|R|5j%n&|R|5j%n"|R|5j%|r|R|5j%j&|R|5j%|^`w|6j%Xzxw|.j%|RZ(|5j%|2|}|.j%|&Dw|2j%|Z^'|5j%n$|e|<j%x~|e|<j%dz|e|<j%|2|e|<j%p~Z(|5j%t~Z(|5j%|.xx|.j%|"xx|.j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%
[D:\gry\RagnarokOnline\RagFree.exe]
Size=3600500
CRC32=BF1ECC6A
MD5=e1ef9704597d2c1e31d57e8e26a87deb
RagAddrData=f&|f|<j%hyd|`|l~|1|e|<j%|.^!|5j%^&^!|5j%b&|A|5j%tz|X|5j%Dz|X|5j%D~|X|5j%Hz|X|5j%H~|X|5j%b"|O|5j%f&|O|5j%j"|O|5j%f"|O|5j%n&|O|5j%Hz|O|5j%P~|O|5j%Pz|O|5j%L~|O|5j%Tz|O|5j%|6^!|5j%|*^!|5j%|"^!|5j%|&^!|5j%|j^!|5j%|:^!|5j%tz^!|5j%Lz^!|5j%b"|;|5j%pz|&|5j%f&|;|5j%|v|U|5j%P~|X|5j%\~|Q|5j%Tz|g|5j%Dz|b|5j%|~|V|5j%TzPx|8j%D~^%|5j%|&|O|5j%f&dw|.j%|Fxw|.j%|*|R|5j%|"|R|5j%|.|R|5j%j"|R|5j%n&|R|5j%n"|R|5j%|r|R|5j%j&|R|5j%|^`w|6j%Xzxw|.j%|RZ(|5j%|2|}|.j%|&Dw|2j%|Z^'|5j%n$|e|<j%x~|e|<j%dz|e|<j%|2|e|<j%p~Z(|5j%t~Z(|5j%|.xx|.j%|"xx|.j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%|2|e|<j%
Most probably changing those lines would make half of our work unnecessary but RCX added them only after i first run the program with a success. I suggest deleting it all.
A Little above that you have a couple of addresses of servers. If you intend to use RCX GPS (i do not) i bet you'll find those useful.

*Moving slightly above you'll find this:

;//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
;
;  Setup of the installation holder of RO 
;
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------//
[Ragnarok]
Dir=D:\gry\RagnarokOnline
I believe i don't need to explain this one even thou translation is very creepy.

*Using your best friend - ctrl+f go to the line

;Windows Class of the RO Client is specified.
;e.g.)ROWindowClass=RagexeRE.exe
ROWindowClass=Valkyrie.exe
I thought this will help me to run F2P server from RCX but it didn't x_x
Still i think it would be wise to keep it as Valkyrie.exe or RagnarokFree.exe

*Save your file and make a backup folder for your ragnarok.exe.

*Rename your Valkyrie.exe or RagnarokFree.exe to ragnarok.exe and run RCX.

*Right click on it and select 'launch Ragnarok'. You should see now RCX window even before you log into the game.
The only thing i made more, which i believe was not necessary, was that I manually added Valk server to RCX with address provided by RCX.ini (which actually crashed this program at first attempt)

Second - How did i made it look like this
In-file descriptions are purely evil, scattered around whole file and not always helpful at all. I can't say I did manage to understand them now but i can share what i learned...

IMPORTANT~! You don't need to restart RCX nor even your client to see your changes. When you expand the core window, at its very bottom, you'll find option to reload from .ini
Now that saves us all a lot of time and nerve =] Just remember to save your .ini file after every change

Beginning with bottom again :D I omit things mentioned before ,things blatantly unrelated to wizard profession and things related to font style/colors

; Setup of RCXWindow
;  POS_X=0 
;  POS_Y=0
;  MODEMINI=1
;  SHOW=1
;
[RoChaWindow]
POS_X=0
POS_Y=0
MODEMINI=1
SHOW=1

; Setup of EXP Window
; 
;  Mode=0  0:no window
;          1:window mode (setup by POS_X and POS_Y for display position.)
;          2:window mode2(display position is fixed to the right of RCXWindow.
;                         POS_X and POS_Y is changed.)
;  POS_X=0 display position.RO Client (0,0)-(right,bottom)
;  POS_Y=0
[EXPWindow]
Mode=2
POS_X=170
POS_Y=0
First part is a core window of RCX. You can change its native location but Ro will, for some reason, remember where you move it in-game even after restarting client. Modemin sets whether its expanded or minimalised. Show is obvious.
I left those two unchanged

The second part is a supportive window that displays exact exp amount/ exp needed and percentage. I didn't found a way how to disable it. When you set mode to 0 it will pop-up every time you kill a monster. I left it sticked to RCX window (mode=2) and moved it to the bottom right corner to keep EXPWindow off-screen.

Just above those you'll find:

GPSMEMBERST_PUT=0x1
PETSTATUS_PUT=0x2
LOGWIN_DOCKING=1
ShowBBE=0
BBELevel=1
Opaque=0
CPUCoolerSwitch=0
M2E=0
ShowChatScope=1
Those are part of things you can set in-game via core window. I think it reads from .ini file every time you start your client so make sure to set those as you like.

M2E is mini mini effect that shows you area of skills on ground i found those colors annoying so i kept them on 0 thou.
ShowChatScope displays green square around your character. Althou name suggests being related to chat, In fact, it shows default skill range. Dafoult 0. 2 gives less transparent square.
The rest is either obvious or i don't know them myself. BBE shows some sort of grid

Then we get some font stuffs above which we see other position settings

;
; The display position of efficiency calculation of EXP.
; (Displacement from center of screen
;
EXP_POS_X=-72
EXP_POS_Y=-350

; The display position of Acquisition EXP is setup.
; (Displacement from center of screen
GETEXP_POS_X=220
GETEXP_POS_Y=-170
; GPS left position
GPSL_POS_X=5
GPSL_POS_Y=152
; GPS right position
GPSR_POS_X=56
GPSR_POS_Y=152
; MOBInfo left position
KILLCOUNTL_POS_X=5
KILLCOUNTL_POS_Y=152
; MOBInfo right position
KILLCOUNTR_POS_X=56
KILLCOUNTR_POS_Y=152
I have like no idea what is the first thing. except it is about positioning. While i changed those, i didn't notice any difference.

Second one is a position of additional pop-up information on gained exp. Ammount of lines and theirs lasting duration you can find elswhere
Rest are positions of GPS (info on your char and its location); MobInfo (sense in smaller version) Killcount (wich seems to be a part of MobInfo). Take note you can set two different locations and change them in-game through core window

Next we get through some stuff i don't know about. Logging, that i didn't bother to use and something about hummunculous i can't even use.
Above that you'll see some stuffs for CPU performance and between those there is hidden Hallucination effect switch you may. While i use other means to lower my cpu usage i didn't bother to mess with those too

; Put a frame counter.(Top of mini map)
; FPSCounter
;  :0 OFF
;  :1 ON

FPSCounter=1
This one goes 0 by default. I find it useful thou so i turned it on. It gives some sort of lag measuring stuff but I'm not sure if it works properly

Then you get to mouse options that are described quite well in-file and a scary Account Collector settings that logs characters and passwords for them x_x Both set by default to 0. Didn't change that for the same reason as CPU usage settings

Than there goes something like this:

;Mouse Center Button Key Define
;If specification is the Insert key in a virtual key code   0 x2D is specified.
MouseCenterKey=
I bet you can bind a skill to a middle button with this but i also bet you need an informatics knowledge to make a use of it. Wich I apparently don't have...

;BattleModeFix
;BattleModeChat without Enter Key.
;BattleModeChat used Space Key.
;0:off 1:on
BattleModeFix=1
While chinglish descriptions suggest something awkward, i red it fixes bbaattlleemmooddee bug. I kept its default '1' and seems to work fine.

[RoChaOption]
; EXP Combo interval
;
YanmaiiComboTime=300
; EXP Popup LineNums 0 - 8(0:off)
;
EXPPopupLines=8
While I'm not sure about first setting, the other one describes amount of lines of gained exp pop-up i mentioned before. Yet its display time you will find elsewhere. By default there is similar exp pop-up under every creature killed but i prefer this fixed place one so i kept default 8 lines (it makes 4 sets of base exp and job exp. Can't get only one of those) and turned off exp gain under creatures. The setting we will reach soon.

[RoChaHP]
;-----------------------------------------------------------
;        It can reload.
;
;EXP. Put Timer(msec)
;Example1)EXPTIMER=5000
;         5sec.
;Example2)EXPTIMER=0
;         OFF
EXPTIMER=90000

;EXP. Put Timer for RCXWindow EXP/h Button
;
;Example1)EXPFUNCTIMER=10000
;         10sec.
;Example2)EXPFUNCTIMER=0
;         OFF
EXPFUNCTIMER=20000
Now first part is a timer for how long should that exp gain pop-up, mentioned twice already, last for. I extended this time quite much
Second part is, as i believe, how often your exp per hour on your RCX core window updates. I also extended that time as you don't really need to check this every 10 seconds. (neither need you to do that every 20 seconds actually)

Than you get some GPS settings i did omit. And color of skills on ground displayed with M2E
Finally we get to something important:

[SkillTimerMode]
SM_MAGNUM            = 0
SM_PROVOKE           = 1
SM_ENDURE            = 0
MG_SIGHT             = 0
MG_FROSTDIVER        = 0
MG_STONECURSE        = 0
NPC_CURSEATTACK      = 0
MG_ENERGYCOAT        = 1
[...]
Keep at 0 (by default) to see skill, or more likely buff/debuff duration above your head. if you type 1 the timer goes next to buff icon
I remind i set those for a wizard so you will need to make some changes here. Likely for your own skills.

The part above those is very much confusing so i didn't bother to even touch it either.
Than there goes this:

;  SkillTimer
[SkillTimer]
;0:SkillTimer Enable 1:SkillTimer Dissable
Enable=1
Obviously if you don't want to see lasting time of skills like quag, safety wall or (seriously) SG - set this to 0

;Language
;
; The application language used.
;
; 0:english
; 1:japanese
;
Language=0
Luckily 0 by default.

Now thats all. Good luck and feel free to pass any knowledge learned on RCX
Attachments
RCX.rar
(7.37 KiB) Downloaded 1008 times
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

thanks a lot, I would like to know what client are you using, RagnarokFree.exe or Valkyrie.exe? does it make any difference? I'm playing with RagnarokFree.exe (which is the client) and the aplication opens RagFree.exe to play in valkyrie. Would playing with the valkyrie.exe (or valkyrie client) reduce this annoying lag? :D
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

I used both of the .exe files to see if there is some difference, but i couldn't find any. In fact its the same client because when you patch one of them, the other gets up to date too. I didn't manage to lower my lags except for that tcpnodelay stuff :/
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

yeah, I did the tcp no delay trick but it didn't work for me, except position lag is gone, but server lag is still there XD
thanks tho
Crow

Re: RCX

Post by Crow »

BBE shows some sort of grid
This shows gutter lines, which are relevant to using Bowling Bash.
While chinglish descriptions suggest something awkward, i red it fixes bbaattlleemmooddee bug. I kept its default '1' and seems to work fine.
The bbaattlleemmooddee bug fix modifies the behavior of enter key. Enter key will no longer open chat mode while BM is on. I am used to pressing enter to start typing a message in bm, so I disabled this fix. If you use space to start typing in bm though it should work well for you.

Most important of all however, I have managed to remove other people buffs from my screen. To do this you need to go to [SkillTimerFlag] section and modify settings for every relevant skill. The TL;DR; version is, that you should set the value to 0x1111 for every skill that you want to see on yourself only.

The long explanation is, that this setting allows you to set mask for skill visibility based on involved objects. I am afraid you need to know, that there are only 10 kinds of people in the world to understand how this works. Now, if I read it correctly it allows you to precisely set if you want to see or not skills when they are cast by certain actor (Player Charactor (:>),Party Members, Other Players and Monsters) on certain actor. You can set if you want to see skills cast by party members on monsters, all players on you, etc. The binary mask is 16 bits long and obviously a '1' on a given position causes the timer to be displayed. So if you want to see every skill cast by yourself on any target, but nothing else, the mask should be 0000000000001111. Now I am not sure if the config mask accepts this setting in binary form so you must convert it into hex. The mask I suggested in TL;DR; version is 0001000100010001 and should display timers on anything cast on you. I don't want to go into details of how to convert from binary system to hex, but if you need some help with this, just let me know.
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

Has anyone taken a look at this?: http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/downl ... -tweaks/0/

I'm considering it for the, cutting down CPU usage on RO windows that aren't active (so dueling uses less resources).. and setting F9-F12 to use more skills rather then resize the chat box, etc.
Name: Michael
EU WoW: Kartekk (Outlands)
US WoW: Kartekk (Tichondrius)
Crow

Post by Crow »

GvS recommended this in some other topic. The CPU usage reduction works fine, and mouse freedom itself is useful when multiclienting. But it made my cursor modified the way my cursor moves in game so that I started to suck three times more with targeting @@.
GvS

Post by GvS »

New RCX version is out, but I haven't seen changelog.

I would like to remind you about one, very important setting for our ET runs:

;
;Hallucination effect
; 0 OFF
; 1 ON
; 2 OFF+OtherEffect
HallucinatoryEffect=0
It's ON by default, so make sure you've changed it!
A necromancer is just a really late healer.