New Endless Tower Topic

Contact your Multiworld friends around the world.

Moderator: 1WingedAngel

burner

Re: New Endless Tower Topic

Post by burner »

Well I offered to make a second priest, just for a 2nd ET run if people are up for it.

And if anyone wants to take my place on the first party I don't mind. I'm only playing my priest 'cuz people rarely play priest classes. I hate not being able to solo. I hate not being able to make decent exp (my brother never wants to level). But I still play my AB, truth to be told I somehow dislike playing priests in big parties. The only thing you do is buff, heal, pneuma, ress etc. I'd rather play a different character that can at least do something significant. /end rant
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

Ok. Now that we all spilled out what we hate in playing RO lets cut the "Im so devoted to the guild" crap out and get to conclusions.

1)I think second ET runs are inevitable. If not right now than in nearest future. Like month or two.

2)Despite GvS offer, I believe it time should be exactly the same time as original run to prevent fixed parties. Due to timer you wouldn't be able to switch party unless you skip one run

3)I don't know much about Rafliks organization skill but i believe he is best candidate i can think of now. You just need:
_3)a. Excel file from GvS to manage loots and zeny. And use it wisely ofc
_3)b. Make sure you advertise it for Inception people for attendance points (however it is called) and obviously more members coming along
_3)c. Buy yourself a microphone and talk a lot on vent. So that everyone can hear your cheering up, battle-cries and "Heal kurwa" shouts.
_3)d.Or... Using your leader authority, appoint other people to do it instead of you =]

4) Althou it was prereneval when we used to go to Endless having few undergeared people we should be still able to reach floor 60 with Doppel and Egnigem. The very minimum is:
-Well geared tank ( might cause most problems)
-Hp ( an off-priest would help lots thou)
-character with damaging aoe skills (which Raflik should do better than wizard)
-and most likely single target dps-er for monsters like Arch angeling and White lady.
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]
Crow

Post by Crow »

* You need something to kill Evil Snake Lord, so far RK was the only class that managed to do so efficently. I believe a gx would do as well. But I think second party will have most trouble with finding priests.

* Luckless will get in touch with GvS near tomorrow WoE, but he won't be comming next week most likely. Chiisu will not be comming to our ET runs in any close future.

* I have discussed EQ damage on iro wiki forums and got some feedback from Doddler. It seems that EQ now splits the damage equally between everyone in range and is not reduced by anything. The amount of damage from each wave is monster ATK * 10. This number is in line with our previous data gathering. This also means, that the best items are the ones providing sheer HP. The thread on irowiki is here: http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=65978&page=4

Valk has 2,653 ~ 3,811 ATK, meaning she will do less than 12k EQ on a 10 person party, which we should handle easily (if she doesn't stack it with LoV at the very least.. However Ifrit has 4,626 ~ 6,776 ATK. That is 67760 damage per wave to split between us. Assuming we want to keep one person behind to redemptio in case we get unlucky and one more person will be randomly dead everyone would have to take a 20328 damage in the worst case scenario. If we all stand there however the damage goes down to 17k each. Note that you can easily squeeze in a pot or two between first and last eq hit.

I will get song of Lutie for next time. It will increase your HP by 30%. To have 17k hp with that you need to have 13k on your own. Note however that when I am not linked my apples won't work on me and I don't believe I can reach 17k hp until next ET.

One more thing we could do is to pay Chi to spec into our shitty HP increasing duet skill. It is a crappy skill that will increase everyones HP by mere 1k at level 5. Obviously doesn't stack with MDEF song that we are using against him now. But maybe this 1k hp will make a difference in this specific case?

I don't foresee getting a good third priest anytime soon. If Chi or Raflik would do Redemptio quest on Bufka, we should try stacking HP gears, tanking EQ with 11 people and if we get an unlucky (high atk) EQ, ress with redemptio.
GvS

Post by GvS »

I have to take low lvl Special Pharmacy as prereq. It gives 100% chance to make two pots.
Increase HP Potion (Large): 10 test tube, 15 white herb, 3 mastela fruit, holy water, spicy sauce

Now white herbs are almost impossible to get, so please pick them up whenever you can!

I won't take mix cooking now. (Unless you have 666 materials, I could take it now and reset before maint), but I will make another alchemist->genetic just for mix cooking in near future.

Lutie should make a difference so we should tank EQ with full party – 12 ppl. We could try using lvl 1 merc scrolls to reduce at least first EQ hit, but with meteors flying around there is high chance it will fail.

If you're confident about your 1337 macro skills I would suggest using ygg seeds between EQ hits. They are quite cheap now.

Let's think about best equip for surviving Ifrits EQ then:
Headgear: Goibnes Helm (3vit, 3 mdef), Arc Angeling Card (+300 HP), Donut in Mouth (+100 HP)
Armor: +3 vit Lucius with peco (/slur), +3 vit sprint mail with pasana.
Garment: Jakk Card, Giant Whisper Card, Aliot Card for some classes
Accessories: cheap and good option would be Rosary with Spore Card, BG/KvM accessories.
A necromancer is just a really late healer.
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

I don't mind your healing Sat, you've saved me many times when I shouldn't have been damaged cause I did something dumb.

And Noire, if you're making a Sac RG, would you like to borrow my full like, +4-6 Goibne's Set? Since Sac is based purely on your HP, I assume it's still the best for it.
Name: Michael
EU WoW: Kartekk (Outlands)
US WoW: Kartekk (Tichondrius)
GvS

Post by GvS »

Suggested party for next ET:

1. Canas - Arch Bishop
2. Daniel - sorc
3. Crescendow - Maestro
4. Priest with BSS (Maczer?)
5. Chimeria - Wanderer
6. GvS - Genetic
7. iBombs - Genetic
8. IdontEven - Shura
9. smoke trees - RK
10. Czulki - ranger
11. Velsu - sac RG - not confirmed
12. RidiBaka - AB

This time we'll have sorcerer, so surviving ranged skills should be much easier. He will also have fire insignia - it's supposed to change mobs weapon element to fire and work on bosses.

For Ifrit - stack fire resist gears and hp increasing. I think if you stay at range you can safely drop immune and replace it with jakk.

For Valk - We'll use BSS so put on your pecopecos. Her wind spells still hurt so I recommend dustiness in garment. Anubis in shield.

If you have any White Herbs - I can make HP increasing pots. I'll try to get some myself but it's quite difficult, so any help is appreciated: http://ragnastats.com/market/White%20Herb
Last edited by GvS on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Noire

Post by Noire »

GvS wrote: If you have any White Herbs - I can make HP increasing pots. I'll try to get some myself but it's quite difficult, so any help is appreciated: http://ragnastats.com/market/White%20Herb
Try setting up a bulk buyers shop with white herbs
Conquered, we conquer.
GvS

Post by GvS »

Please help me with that party. I was late and tired so I have no notes and no memories: http://forum.multiworld.pl/viewtopic.php?p=12651#p12651
Crow

Post by Crow »

I made a screenshot so I am sure that at the time we downed Lord the party on 28.XI. consisted of:

Kjeld
Chi
RidiBaka
Maczer (on Bufka)
Anelai
Velsu
I>Bomb's
Koles GIT
IdontEven
Luckless
Lowenheart
me
Crow

Post by Crow »

We had a really clean kill on Fallen Bishop and did quite good on Ifrit too yesterday. Our next aim is a Valkyrie kill. We did have an unpleasant encounter with her Lov into EQ, but the main problem is keeping the main tank alive. Here are my thoughts (most of this has been put to use yesterday, this is just to make sure we are on one line):

-> I remember reading long ago that you can kill one of the mini-valks and she won't resummon. This will not only reduce the damage to tank/tanks but also reduce the healing she gets.

-> I don't know why LoV hurt so much yesterday? I guess people just don't have anubis shields yet? Perhpas we had BSS on when we got hit? Wind armor + thunder resits potions + anubis in stone buckler should be enough to live through her LoV. Monster magic attack is now based on their attack and Valk attack isn't much higher than bapho (3600 vs 3800). Either way we can use ME for her, her Pulse Strike shouldn't kill us (remember to use alligators and horn in that case).

-> I believe we should tank her on RK or RG. MS just gets dispelled too fast. If we master pulling well enough, sura can tank the adds. They don't have dispel and they hit quite strong on their own.

-> Valk has a pushback in form of Brandish spear. Her adds have Brandish and JT. She needs to be tanked in the corner, but note that if she won't break through SW with brandish, the pushback will be avoided (unless an add uses JT).

-> It seems that many times the tank simply got 1-shot. I don't know how much her thunderstorm hurts the tank, I am sure it 1-shot the raid when we used BSS over wind armor. Other dangerous attacks include sonic blow and holy attack and holy cross. Note that mini valks also do sonic blow and holy attack. To deal with holy attack/holy cross we need BSS on tank. It shouldn't be hard to recast after each dispel (provided the priest is alive).

-> We need to use SW to tank her. The exact formula for SW is not known but it is very close to this (according to irowiki):
7000 × (1 + 0.1 × Job level ÷ 50) + 300 × Skill level + 65 × INT + Maximum SP
If this formula is correct Job Level has very little influence on the HP of the SW (up to 700 hp?), but still we should use our strongest priest/sorc/lock for that. The INT ant Max SP have a huge impact on SW HP - remember to keep GK up on this encounter. If the difference isn't huge however, the sorc/lock should do the SW spam, as we need priests to spam heals.

-> Please bring and hotkey leafs for ET runs. On those harder encounters we can't afford having priest interrupt healing tank in order to ress someone, while some of us are here only to tank EQ.

-> TL;DR; - Kill one add, stand in ME, tank on rk/rg with BSS+SW spam+avoid pushback.