New Endless Tower Topic

Contact your Multiworld friends around the world.

Moderator: 1WingedAngel

Crow

Re: New Endless Tower Topic

Post by Crow »

I won't be able to attend as well, so I think we should call it for today. Unfortunately most likely I won't be able to come next week too.
Crow

Post by Crow »

I need to confirm that I won't be able to attend to ET nor WoE this weekend. In a meanwhile I would like us to take a look at the 'optimal ET composition' suggested on iRo wiki forums, for a team of 7-8 people:

2 HP
1 scholar
1 champ
1 minst
1 Hwiz
1 Pally
1 Sniper/Sinx

Our current composition is usually something among the lines of:
1 Knight
1 HP
1-2 priests (undergeared, underleveled alts)
1 Minstrel
2 Wizards
1 Dancer (undergeared, underleveled alt. Dualed)
2 Linkers (alts, dualed. Duno about gear levels)
1 Sage
0-1 sin/alchem/???

The 'ideal' composition has still some free spots in it and I think we are fine with 2 Hwizards instead of 1. It is clear however, that we lack a main tank (unless GvS will trans Garovl?), Scholar (as predicted, it is really hard to trans OwAs sage), champ, 1 more HP and maybe a sniper. Bear that in mind when you are encouraging some of your friends to start playing. All classes mentioned above will help us greatly in WoE, and a second active HP would help with PvE as well. Scholar&Champ would allow us to do guild runs to some other cool places, such as Bios, Thanatos quest and maybe even Nygg instance.

Also, Linker buffs are very good, but I don't think that if we want to progress much further in ET we can afford 2 spots for them.

EDIT: Also some quotes from iRo wiki on what gear you should be aiming to get:
TwilightsCall wrote:Alice/Horn shield for MVPs (if you're tanking, alice please), other shields that would be good are cranial, hell, fire proof, probably dragon if you get that high.

Armor-wise, I'd make sure everyone has an unfrozen and a fire armor. Evil armor is probably a plus as well.

Lots of weapons for killers. Lots of gems for HP, Hwiz, and scholar. Lots of pots for everyone. A good amount of tokens and ygg leaves spread around the party. Other then that, nothing comes to mind as 'super necessary' ET gear.
Steax wrote:TwilightsCall pretty much nailed it.

Everyone needs fire armor, no buts. Unfrozen is also very very helpful, but not required.

For shields, alice, fireproof, hell and cranial will probably be enough. On higher levels you'll be defaulting alice a lot. Remember to keep FCP on when you're against anything that can break, or you're in for a mess. If you have doubles, bring them.

Lots of pots and lots of leaves. Bring the highest efficiency to weight pots you have available. Green pots, panacea. That's about it. For weapons just bring as many as possible for the respective classes + an MVP one if available for killers, or whatever you want for the rest.

You'll also want nightmare card in some situations, sleep is terrible sometimes.
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

We need more people more then anything. =(

And anyone can use/lvl my sader atm. Lvl 73, full vit/dex Sac build. Full Goibne's set. 12k hp with lvl 3 Sac so far. He can be used to tank later pretty easily.

I'm lvling my sage when I can, I usually wait 1-2 hours in ID3 for a party, get 1 turnin befoe we wipe and people leave, repeat. Trying to get to 90 so I can equip my Zerom Gloves. Also adding all the stuff you mentioned to my shopping list. =P

And.. Ray or Nox muffler?
Name: Michael
EU WoW: Kartekk (Outlands)
US WoW: Kartekk (Tichondrius)
GvS

Post by GvS »

I saw Ray just now for 40m and it's slightly better on WoE than nox. It should be much better on PvE though.

OWA is right, we really need more players right now, I hope we'll be fine with Chi and Raflik coming back.

I plan to replace Garovl with my stalker soon. With my vit build it should be easy and I can use strips on MvP. I hope I won't die much with sac sader support. I really want biochem for our ET party. It could save us a lot of time on many MvPs, like Mistress, save me from dying with chemical protections and allow us to carry more stuff. Champ and Sniper are useless without prof. We could reborn Distants sinX and make it SBK, but that takes time. I bought some gear for alts to make them survive Lords EQ, but of course it's not enough. I like those linkers, they allow us to carry less bgems, improve our main physical DPS and help me tank. They also give whole party some margin for errors, at least on easier MvPs, and we still use it a lot, especially with such bad tank like me.

I also have some questions, maybe someone knows answers:
1. Does slow grace work on boss monsters?
2. Does kaupe work on Hells Judgment?

Some thoughts on Atroce after last time failure:
After killing his first mob, according to database, it should spawn Galion (Ghost) which, according to database, doesn't spawn Roweens. So here is my plan:

1. Kill his normal mob
2. Kill all except one of his spawned mob
3. Kill Atroce with single target skills while tanking Atroce + one Galion without mob
A necromancer is just a really late healer.
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

Its quite possible Crow will not come to ET on Wednesday :< Although I could take his char instead of mine, I don't really feel i could play pro. Linking Chime is not an option either as AV is essential for us... Any ideas?
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]
Noire

Post by Noire »

But ET is on Friday (9th July)
Conquered, we conquer.
GvS

Post by GvS »

Unfortunately we can't gather everyone earlier, so we missed like three weeks of double drops QQ.
I don't know exact time, but I suggest 20:00.
A necromancer is just a really late healer.
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

Bah, I'm so sorry for missing last ET run..

Basically, I was all ready to get on for it.. then my friend called me with a flat tire, so I had to drive his ass up to his school for 2 hours, let him get some stuff done (or else he couldn't take classes next semester) and drive back.. by the time I got home it was very late. =( Sorry again, I hope I can come next time! =x
Crow

Post by Crow »

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Pulse_Strike

Seems Noire was accurate with 'Meteor Assault' type animation. Next time we should just do it in pneuma, the way we do Samurai Specter.

As for yesterdays run:
+ Dispell on Mistress (and obviously on Doppler and Atroce too)
+ Progress on Atroce
+ Not having to dual Chi
+ Walking Kafra / repairman
- The usual fail and drama on Arch Angeling
- Wiping on Egnigem Cenia
- No good drops other then sl.ring
- Ended too late :<
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

Yeah, that Pulse Strike sucked.. when I had 4 people on Sac, it killed me pretty good.. And I apologize for heaving to leave for so long.. later in the day family stuff comes up sometimes. I Missed ArcAngeling.. I thought we had a Sinx on standby for him?

I just need to learn what to do on every boss.. I try to Sac right before pull, then get on Sage for Dispel/ME.. but if Sac wears off before it dies.. that's bad, as it takes me 5-10 seconds to alt tab between games (my computer sucks).

Also.. dual Chi?