New Endless Tower Topic

Contact your Multiworld friends around the world.

Moderator: 1WingedAngel

GvS

Re: New Endless Tower Topic

Post by GvS »

Yes we do. As I said before, default time for next ET is exacly week later.
A necromancer is just a really late healer.
GvS

Post by GvS »

Our last ET run showed that if we want to proceed higher we need to gear up again.

Items increasing Wind resistance:

Aquarius Crown
Aquarius Diadem
Dokebi Card
Dustiness Card
Giant Hornet Card
Glorious Ring
Thunderproof Potion

Dark Lords MS is also a problem. I don't remember if I had BSS or not, but with fire armor and Khali Stone Buckler his MS hit me 1,9k per hit, so around 10k total. We can't use ME for him, because he casts Hells Judgement, so you really need fire armors and other fire-resist gears.

Demon resistance that could help:
Exorciser
Holy Robe
Khalitzburg Card
Medusa Card

I'll try to organize resistance pots for everyone for next ET.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Monster magic should be reduced by %ranged reduction, so the party members that stand in the back row should get best results by using Horn card in Stone Buckler (or Valk shield...) and aligator rosaries. Horn card is not only less expensive but also 5% more efficient than racial cards. If you use nox in your woe gears it will work better than Raydric. Obviously using ranged reduction instead of racial reduction means you are really screwed up if MvP targets you, but if that happens we are likely wiping anyway.

With fire armor, horn and 2x aligators MS from DL didn't hurt that much (still took like 50% of my health). I think those skills should be considered ranged regardless of how far MvPs are away from us, but just to be extra safe we should make sure MvPs are always 4 cells+ away from us.

PS> Obviously we shouldn't cast BSS on people who have the proper element armor...
Crow

Post by Crow »

Fallen Bishop is a bish, but even his adds are a pain in the ass. Still, I think we can manage him without MS tank and hopefully without sac.

First of all, we definitely should try to do it with offtank. Once again - MvP adds start in 'passive mode', which prevents them from using skills. If they are hit even once, they start using skills. I am not sure if it applies to ET (maybe we should test against some easier MvP?) and I don't know if they go back to passive mode after a wipe. But preventing adds from using skills will offer us a great help here, as they cast lvl2 fatal wound. Fatal Wound is a skill that reduces the healing received for 30 seconds, by 40% on lvl2. It affects both priest heals and consumable items heals. So it is crucial, that the offtank priest does not get hit by it, as this will make his work twice as hard. Other than that adds do not use any extremely dangerous skills (notable are aoe curse and aoe attack, so they should be tanked away from party, though that aoe attack is weak) so eventually we might be able to outheal their damage even with fatal wound but not for now.

From raid pov there are five important skills the bishop himself uses:
* Grand Darkness - equivalent of crusaders Grand Cross, but shadow element. Don't get close to him without bathory armor.
* Hells Judgement - we know this well already. Stand in pneuma if 4+ cells away or stand in SW if you are closer. He only has lvl4 though and I think we got hit by it few times and it was quite bearable so if we lack priest power we might have to just outpot it
* Aoe Silence - bring green pots
* Aoe curse - Priests will be busy. If you are DPS bring Panaceas, Holy Waters or Royal Jellies
* lvl2 Vampire's Gift - it is a normal aoe attack. It is not blocked by pneuma. It is only 200% of his normal attack, so it shouldn't kill anyone but make sure to always pot to full health. It is neutral element, so reduced by ray and it should be reduced by long range reduction gear.

As far as tanking is concerned - most of his skills are shadow, so once GvS uses evil armor it should be easier. He uses holy cross though but hopefully it won't 1-shot the tank. Most of all however he also uses fatal wound (also at lvl2). I guess the sac paladin is required to play around that skill. Fatal Wound is only a 100% attack though so it should not break through the nerfed safety wall. If adds are offtanked maybe we will be able to keep tank in SW all the time (this should also help with holy cross). Even if fatal wound lands on tank hopefully we will be able to outheal the damage if only the MvP itself is hitting him.

So in short what I believe we should try is:
* Offtank adds, make sure noone hits them
* Tank the MvP in SW
* Stay in pneuma
* Profit

Next in line is Ifrit and his slotted fire armors which are now wanted by everyone due to DB.
GvS

Post by GvS »

I bought Alice Card and Permeter Card today, still looking for Bathory. One hit is not a problem, but he keeps spamming all his gay skills, so I have to be really careful. I had problems with stripping him because he got high dex, please quagmire him next time.

On Cenia - her mobs are really annoying even with normal hits, so I want SG and other AoE dmg on them all time if possible. They also break SW and Cenia breaks my shield. I'll buy some Coats for next time and ask Mii to FCP me, this should help us avoid stupid wipes.

Edit:
Any idea which headgear would be best for Permeter?
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

I can't really see much options.

Id suggest
a) CoD/Dress hat for mdef
b) VAlk helm/Spiked bandana for def
c) Telling doll hat for pot proficiency but its a bit of a waste (no hard demi human mvp using undead/shadow skills)
d) Purple cowboy hat for def and +2vit combination
e) Tucan hat (how the hell do you get one? O_o) +3 dex for strippin'

I'd say mdef would be most profitable and universal too but my knowledge on the issue is hardly worthy
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]
Crow

Post by Crow »

Tucan hat is not yet available on iRo, but it is already in game files. PCH seems the cheap reasonable solution here. It has nice def (8 as compared to 12 from spiky), but costs 1/3 of slotted spiky. I would however think about putting it in Munak Hat. While currently Osiris and Drake are the only Undead MvPs (wow, didn't know that) it will come in handy when leveling in Nameless Island.

We won't get to Beele anywhere soon, but by the time we do I won't be able to find this on iRo wiki. A note on killing him:
Artimus @ iRo wiki wrote:
Originally Posted by majeh
soooooo anyone got a idea how to kill beelzebub ? we hit a brick wall in ET at bee lol
Yeh Doddler is right, Gloomy + Clashing is very good.
However you need to be well equipped with very very high hit.

Quag him, Focus Ballet, Dex Food, Hit Food, Elemental Endow... you need to have a relatively high leveled RK too or your hit is just too low. All this and you can take him down.

Also.. take Insomniac Headgears and 100+ Green Pots (they are essential), and at least Medusa shields on the Arch Bishops with party-bless ready.

On the tank use % healing potions to get around critical wound. (Or is there a skill that can remove it now? Not sure) Regen pots + renovatio + lots of heals may help.. but it distracts attention from lexing.
What is also worth noting is that %hp healing items work around critical wound (= fatal wound). This might come in handy when dealing with Fallen Bishop.
GvS

Post by GvS »

Purple Cowboy Hat looks really good and doesn't take mid and lower slots, but I found cheap Munak Hat yesterday and 10% undead reduction will be very useful for MvPing so I decided to use it. Thanks for all feedback!

The only % recovery item I know is Korean Rice Cake and it's quite hard to get. Anyone still have some for sale?

If we can handle Fallen Bishop our next problem will be Ifrit. Everyone should have fire armor by now (slotted one with peco would be best) and we will still need ele resist duet. But our biggest problem is his Earthquake. We really need scholar with Wall of Fog to survive it and party full of well geared mains with high HP.
Crow

Post by Crow »

I think all stat food items give % recovery (some on HP some on SP some on both). Chocolate Pie (obtained from New World questing) is also a 5% hp recovery. I should have a few chocolate pies. Obviously berries and seeds are % recovery items as well, but I this is not yet our power level:D>
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

I think chocolate adds +5% "hp recovery"
There is also Giggling box that restores 9% hp as far as i remember, but weights more than whites and causes curse by not that small chance.

I can contribute my 20 corean rice cakes and Belt of last laught for some illegal grinding lol (couldn't find second one even thou its ridiculously cheap)

Oh... and i found one more item... military rations !
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]