Rate my build!

Contact your Multiworld friends around the world.

Moderator: 1WingedAngel

1WingedAngel

Re: Rate my build!

Post by 1WingedAngel »

Build I just made up by combining 2 of the recommended sage builds on iRO wiki:
http://web.hc.keio.ac.jp/~fk061999/hime ... gbsrF3eAJy

ME to help you guys, and max Fbolt, Fwall, HD, TS for lvling. Never made a sage before, but I'm told you guys need one so.. I'll take suggestions.
Name: Michael
EU WoW: Kartekk (Outlands)
US WoW: Kartekk (Tichondrius)
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

I never played a sage but as wizard i got quite disappointed by heavens drive. i wonder if it wouldn't be good to drop it to lv1 and max out free cast.
Dunno bout dragonology too. Wouldn't it be better to take study on lv5, drop hd to lv1 and take magnetic earth?
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

I dunno what is your sage supposed to do, support?, battle?, dex? uh?

EDIT: Are you considering WoE?, I think MW is not woeing yet, so why max Stone Curse?
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

There goes mine.
http://web.hc.keio.ac.jp/~fk061999/hime ... sXbkbnfSqx

I'm not very familiar with trans skills.
I decided to take Gravity Field instead of Meteor Storm for its neutral dmg (loliruri, AL like event) and emp dmg ability. lowered aspd sounds nice too. 9sec duration and not too great dmg is what worries me.
I took Napalm Vulcan for its 25% chance of inflicting curse and its almost instant cast that should make it possible to cast it without stopping.

I also consider dropping fire bolt to max out cold bolt, stone curse and getting 9 safety wall instead of 7 even thou it would leave me without fire prop attack =/ It would be also more leech kind of build...
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]
Crow

Post by Crow »

I don't see ME in the build OwA posted. I do see max study and max dragonology though... For MvP purposes I would seriously consider taking dispell, if possible.
GvS

Post by GvS »

Maxing stone curse is a must. It might be little hard without firebolt, but I think it's worth it.

Napalm Vulcan is carp and I don't think inflicting curse status on 1 target with small chance is worth 5 skill points. Gravi field is decent skill. You can break emps with it! It does good damage even on well geared people and aspd reduction is good too. Only problem is that you can't move while it lasts and it might be deadly for you.

I would recommend taking Ganbantein. It's mostly WoE skill, but very useful one.
A necromancer is just a really late healer.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

GvS, I was talking about OWA's build, not the wizard one, the sage's one
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

Wow, I failed and pasted the wrong build, (I had 3 open at the time). The first build has ME for support, and the rest for fast lvling to get to scholor. The second possibility has SC for pvp while dropping the AoE skills, but then if I were to try to mob then I wouldn't be able to help, or if we were in a party I don't know what I would be able to help with. Also, is dispel useful on MvPs? If so I can take it.

AoE / PvM build:
http://web.hc.keio.ac.jp/~fk061999/hime ... gSkDqneAJy

PvP build:
http://web.hc.keio.ac.jp/~fk061999/hime ... CgFkDqA1Jy
Name: Michael
EU WoW: Kartekk (Outlands)
US WoW: Kartekk (Tichondrius)
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

if you get dispel you could dispel kasas for monks or champions to asura or something like that, kasas are boss type, so yeah, you can dispel some of the like
Crow

Post by Crow »

I never heard about sages dispelling Kasas for leveling and I would consider dispel to be only useful for MvPing (and PvP obv.) on sage. I also don't get why you want study 9 and dragonology. By the time you get that the dragon exp event will be over and while AL is a good place to level I don't think it will be your leveling place of choice. Scholars take it, because it is a pre-req for Fiber Lock. In PvM build I would get -5 dragonology, -4 study, + Dispel tree and in PvP build I would get -5 dragonology, -4 study, + HD tree. HD is a sucky spell, but maybe if we are to help you level we could mob hillwids for you... More likely however, the best help would be doing exp quests together and/or leeching. I still might be wrong about dragonology, maybe sages do level bolting dragon class monsters...