WoE discussion (merged with Losers -> Inception)

Contact your Multiworld friends around the world.

Moderator: 1WingedAngel

Crow

Re: WoE discussion (merged with Losers -> Inception)

Post by Crow »

I know it is my own fault for being low level, but last WoE 2.0 was terrible. Walk in - boom headshot Gate Of Hell 1hko, walk back in - boom headshot spiral 1hko, walk back in - boom headshot dragon breath through fire armor 1hko, walk back in boom boom boom - hscr. And repeat that for almost 3/4 of woe. On the rare occasion when I managed to run away from snaping shuras and dragon riding RKs I had howling on, and needed 5 sec to even cast Magic Strings, but since everyone experienced the joy of mandragora I will not continue to rant on this skill.

I know it is easiest to QQ on priests, but why oh why no priest in our guild uses pneuma. The first time we fought against Valkyrie we won, because we had pneuma on our precast all the time. That took out half of the killer skills and remaining ones required enemy to walk close to us. I know spamming pneuma under howling must be a pain, but if we only had pneuma up on us we could have defended our castle for much longer on first barricade. Without pneuma - three Tao Gunka RKs and gg. After first barricade was destroyed it was over, as we were simply outnumbered, but I do feel like we could have used our defensive advantage better. I am not complaining that no priest took care to pneuma a low level maestro. But every time I entered the castle I was actively looking if any pneuma in sight is up, so I can hide in it, and there was only one priestess (in Team Rambo) that used this at all. There were two times where I managed to stand a hold in enemy castle, and both times was with that Team Rambo priestess - than I could take cover in her pneuma and provide strings and gloomy to our RKs for a long time.

I also didn't like our strategy too much. We had a decent defense plan, but when we started to counterattack the plan was like 'keep on entering in small groups and move forward', while there was no real frontline to regroup at. So over 1 hour we were randomly entering a castle and dying to overwhelming forces. Only during last 20 minutes of woe we have regrouped and that resulted in reaching emrpoom twice. I don't know if we could have taken their castle, but if we moved together in big group, rather then in groups of 4 - 5 people we could have threatened them much more. Most of the time, when you looked at the minimap, our formation looked like a big line from entrance to second/third barricade.

I enjoyed the woe in general, though I was pissed off by all the 1hko I received. I do however feel we could/should have performed better. I am also looking forward to kicking Valk ass next week, even though I have zombie mode at work today.
GvS

Post by GvS »

I'm glad you were online. Battles against Valk are really hard and I'm actually suprised that we stand a chance at all.

I want to complain about recalls. I know enemy alliance got a lot of Maya P. but I still believe we could get them more often and in better positions. I have quite a lot of HP on RK so I can survive more, but I really hate new status mechanics. They are broken and dev team don't give a shit because "everyone will be 150 in the end"...
Lack of FCP was also huge problem, my gear got broken every 5 mins.
A necromancer is just a really late healer.
Crow

Post by Crow »

http://db.irowiki.org/db/item-info/4195/ <-- this looks like a very interesting option for my slotted elvens. Any other good ideas? I know you put Nightmare in those, but does it make much difference for Woe purpose? What skills inflict sleep status now? W/M skill Deep Sleep Lullaby inflicts 'deep sleep', which looks like sleep, but is a different status afaik and not blocked by Nightmare (we can test that some time).
GvS

Post by GvS »

Leaf Cat is nice, but rather for MvPing. Waterballs and storm gusts do insane dmg now. I'm not sure if it's so useful on WoE. It's true that we recenlty use more water converters but I it's also true that many people use valk shield and glorious rings, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. I see that you've been reading tht topic on iW forums and I'm awaiting test results too.
Nightmare isn't some awesome choice either, but it's also essential for MvPing and I sometimes get normal sleep on WoE too, probalby from cards.
I wish they made some deep sleep and mandragora howl immunity cards in near future...
Crow

Post by Crow »

Lol if I had madragora immunity ribon I would use it over feater beret. Actually I would use mandragora immunity shield over thara or mandragora immunity armor over fire prop one.
GvS

Post by GvS »

http://i.imgur.com/h2HVc.jpg

Recent WoEs are very exciting. We have problems with defending our invested castle in 2.0 and we lost our invested castle last minute on 1.0.

On last 2.0 Rambo went full offense, SMB merged with us and Jinx helped us in front of barricades. Still, Valk pushed us to third barricade with their attack party stopping Rambo attacks at their 3rd barricade at the same time. We were doing good job stoping their Storm Blasts with Howling and spell breaker while Rambo slowly broke last barricade and their emp was exposed. Then we got "ha ha, we're winning" attitude and sorcerers and genetics started to dps instead of using disables. Valk recalled at our barricade, broke it and broke the emp. We still thought that Rambo will break their undefended fort at the same time and we even went there to help them but we failed. Their emp defense was perfect (bottom left got very nice emp area as some of you might already know) and we got trouble with many of them on our emp last minutes too.

I hope I'll see you online this Saturday to get our castle back from Valk. With recent change in WoE dmg reduction it's much easier to attack on 1.0 but knowing Valk they will give us really hard time.
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

Do you get full guild during woe? If no i could try joining you on Saturday otherwise it would be pointless with my fresh warlock :<
Actually its quite pointless anyway but for the guild but at least ill get some woe experience
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]
GvS

Post by GvS »

We were once close to 50 online few weeks ago but unfortunately usually we don't have many ppl online so every help is welcome.