WoE discussion (merged with Losers -> Inception)

Contact your Multiworld friends around the world.

Moderator: 1WingedAngel

Crow

WoE discussion (merged with Losers -> Inception)

Post by Crow »

This Saturday we attended for first WoE with Losers. Let me quickly share some thoughts.

Before WoE started I got 400 slims, which was obviously nice. I was informed where we save and there was some planning going on vent so things looked good. Unfortunately later it quickly came out, that the organization needs to be improved. Right before WoE a party was organized. Those unlucky enough that didn't get invited spent first 15 or 20 minutes of WoE partyless. Eventually the second party was created but it did not have any HP in it (while there were three in first party). For the reminder of the WoE I needed to ask for buffs every three minutes...

When we were attacking castles some lack of organization was very obvious. For the most part there was no signal to start an attack. People would randomly enter the castle / emproom one by one. Eventually the leader would enter as well, without giving any prior notice on vent, so you really needed to stay alert to determine when to enter.

Selecting target castles worked well most of the time. There was a dedicated scout, that searched for worthy raid targets and once target was selected it was (usually) clearly announced on vent. There usually were no people wandering to other castles and usually the entire guild was in one castle (even though spread all over it). Many times we entered castles which were obviously already being broken by the time we warped there and ended up warped to inn over and over, but all in all target selection worked good.

When we finally got the castle we managed to not have someone 'accidentally' break emp, which was nice. Too bad, that when we were about to loose it and there was a command to break it the sin didn't manage to do it in time and we got wiped out. Later on we got a castle for a second time. After ten minuted of precasting people already started complaining how boring it is, how their fingers hurt, how we should go for another castle, etc. Many people were leaving the emproom to wander around the castle. CP pair included... Admittedly not much happened and there was no major attack on us, but that was not the pro defence we have seen in Artedies castle when we woed as MW.

We ended up with one Geffen castle which isn't bad. I hope that future woes will have a better coordination from our side, but all in all it feels great to WoE again.

PS. People are already making fun of us (that is - Losers guild) for 'jumping on the bandwagon' and allying Valk, even though we weren't.
Satsuki

Re: Merge

Post by Satsuki »

I didnt like one thing: that i actually didnt know where to warp ppl. I was asking whole day what memos should i make, i havent got any resp, ba! they even told me to not make any because we got guild warper! So i made few random ones (fortunatelly that alde one, so i could warp guid when they needed it, i think none else except me had alde castles...) Anyway, when we've been kicked from castles (emp broken, other guild took it) ive missed that NONE told where to go now. It was very dissapointed.

I didnt like party organisation also. They should make parties with ppl mixed up, having both parties similar to each other, or atleast same powerfull. Not one good party and one bad one. I want to tell it to leaders when i will be able to stay online more than 10 minutes.

Ppl complaining how boring it is made me laught, i still remember time when whole guild left me alone to precast in our castle for more than one hour. Quag, FW, SG, FW, SG, quag, FW SG FW SG quag... (...) Ech! Old times.
anyway, When i told Tiff that we are playing since like 7 years but got few huge breaks she was very impressed.

I forgot what else i wanted to say :D
I just LOVE that i got 500 slims (just after i bought 1000 slims for woe :DDDD) 100 BGems and 20 green potions. Too bad my old MW guild didnt want to give me bgem supplies for our ET runs >DDDDDDDDD (joke joke, i love u <3)
Avatar stworzony przez tego uzdolnionego Pana.
Chimeria

Post by Chimeria »

Absolutely agreed about organization. For the first 30 min I couldn't get invite although I was asking many times, and I didn't know what to do. To go with them or to wait, use SG or better GK or maybe Dazzler? So, for the first hour I was cursing on everyone and thought I'll ragequit, but fortunately noone (even Raflik sitting next to me :D:D:D:D) didn't reacted. After we got castle, I asked guild about strategy but I didn't get an answer, so I decided on my own flashing SG and GK. What also made me angry is the fact I got buffs only ONCE for ALL WOE.

Supplies were very nice, I got 300 slims and 80 blue pots. :D

All in all my first WoE might be called successful.
Crow

Post by Crow »

oO you got blues? I want them next time too !

Buffing was failure, but next time if we get a priest in our party that shouldn't be an issue. However when it comes to your personal role we can't expect leaders to micro-manage everyone. You should know what is your character role in woe and unless you are asked to do otherwise just do what you believe is best. When attacking and especially when entering precast dazzler is teh win.

On defense I guess you can pick freely, unless leaders tell you specifically what to do. Slow Grace is very good, especially since we didn't have traps but we did have CP. Just walk out of CP, cast SG, and walk back so that people who enter are exactly at the edge of your SG (which should be two or so cells 'into' CP). GK is not all that important, as we had a scholar with us (too bad not with a group with everyone who needed sp to keep precasting...) and most pro players should carry sp consumables anyway. While not necessary it is convenient however and will surely be welcome when there are no ongoing attacks. Most of all however if you are providing GK you are also standing in strings. As soon as attack starts you can (and should) stop doing GK and start dazzler or tarot spam (I guess you will have tarot soonish?). If there are only few high vit targets (like the LK who we couldn't kill for a minute or so) spam them to death with tarot. If there are low vit targets available Dazzler is their doom.

I am glad you mostly enjoyed your WoE and didn't ragequit. I hope our next woe will be even better.
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

Haha. We all soooo agree on the bad aspects of that woe but I'm surprised you stress that out *here*
Its not like any of people who should read it would find it here =]

This will look bad but we need to make sure we end up in the same party. Obviously i want to avoid expressing to our guildies our "state of mind" (Now that really made me laught out, Chime) but it turns out we already know how to play together. I felt really like playing by myself when running to the emp room so i got extremely surprised when while fighting on castle entrance a minstrel came to me and gave strings. Oh ... wait. It was obviously Crow =] Who was not in my party.
To put it simple - except for the cutelolivoiced priestess who did give me buffs, i got the feeling people were playing as one man army not like a team. So if we can stick together we can perform better. So lets get in to the same party next time plz.
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]
Crow

Post by Crow »

You can't be in one party with Chi though...
Noire

Post by Noire »

I was watching woe behind Crows and Maczers back and I also think that organization needs an improvement.
And as Maczer said it would be better for us to create are own party since we know eachother pretty well.
Conquered, we conquer.
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

Why is that, Crow?
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]
Crow

Post by Crow »

Well.. how much vit do you have? Dazzler by low chance works on people in your party, so unless you have fight vit you should not be in party with a gypsy or you run into risk of owning yourself. Same is true for frost joke, so don't take ED/marc off when in party with me :D.
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

Is it enemies + party, or enemies + all allies? The latter would make more sense, but I could be wrong.

I need to look up when WoE is, sorry I wasn't there, hopefully it's not during work. I was going to suggest we make our own party and do our classic WoE ownage. =P
Name: Michael
EU WoW: Kartekk (Outlands)
US WoW: Kartekk (Tichondrius)