New Endless Tower Topic

Contact your Multiworld friends around the world.

Moderator: 1WingedAngel

GvS

New Endless Tower Topic

Post by GvS »

Now in English!

Our progress in ET is very impressive. Last week we were only 10 floors away from first MvP with Earthquake – Orc Lord. I'm not sure if we'll reach him this week, but fighting him needs some serious preparations.
He starts casting earthquake at 80% HP, 2 sec cast time, 30 sec delay. At 30% he activates power up which greatly increase EQ damage.

Here is nice Earthquake calculator:
http://rode.doddlercon.com/db/quake/eqcalc.php

It's very important to gear up properly for this and you can do this without spending a lot of zeny.

Horn card in stone buckler – 35% + 5% reduction. Guild members should have some spare stone bucklers or you can just buy them for 1,9m. Horn is like 300k and gives 35% reduction.

Alligators. They are 200k now and you can put them in belt, nile rose, or rosary (they are decent WoE gear).

Beret – 400k, probably everyone got one already, just don't forget to take it and wear it.

KvM/BG gear with demi-human reductions - it's not included in calculator, but it should work. It also gives you nice HP bonus and it's free and you need it for WoE.

Raydric card – it went down from 120m to 58m and it's really awesome card for PvE and WoE. It should also be great after renewal so it's worth investing some zeny now.

Long mace – 10% reduction for priest for like 8m. Every priest should get one sooner or later.

Ghostring – 75% reduction. I hope we'll find one sooner or later. It will allow us to easily kill much stronger MvP. Around 5b now.

There are two areas of damage – 0-4 cells and ranged 5-13. Most of cheap stuff works only for ranged. However, if I'm alone at close range I will get hit for around 70k.
Keep in mind that EQ deals 3 hits and dmg is recalculated on every hit, so if 3 people die from first hit, others will get more damage on second and third hit! That means even alts have to be equipped for it.
I thought of two ways to deal with it:

1)Just let the tank die and keep another tank in ranged group. Party would have no problem with surviving EQ but OL would change target probably to one of damage dealers and other tank might have problems with catching it. Whole party would have to move away to ranged position.
With OL it should be easy to just tank with SW because his mob are orc archers.

2) Whole party stays at close range. With 11 people, if you have only assu, kaupe, thara and beret, avg damage would be 6,5k. If we use apple and pupa/peco armours even wizards should survive.

Another problem is time – we used whole 4h last week. It went really fast and we were doing good so I was surprised it's already over. Two biggest obstacles – Amon Ra and Arc Angeling should go much faster if OWA comes with us with ME.
On floors where mobs can be frozen we should move together under SGs, instead of waiting for me to mob and go back to entrance. This will allow me to make bigger mobs and should be much faster and safer.
Don't wait so long before every floor, especially lower ones. Often only Crow and me are already dealing mobs on next floor while rest of the party is staying behind.
A necromancer is just a really late healer.
1WingedAngel

Re: New Endless Tower Topic

Post by 1WingedAngel »

I got ME lvl 1 today. =D
Name: Michael
EU WoW: Kartekk (Outlands)
US WoW: Kartekk (Tichondrius)
Crow

Post by Crow »

I have never faced a monster that uses this horrifying ability, so I have some questions. As far as I understand, this is not blocked by ME? Also, just to make sure, it hits everyone in screen just the range reduction is calculated differently depending on how far do you stand? However, the damage is only divided between people in your range zone? His unreduced, power up EQ does 353k damage. So that means it is 353k divided between everyone in melee range plus 353k divided between people in long range?

If that is a case I think that putting everyone in melee range is a better option. You only get 5% more reduction from replacing thara with horn (plus likely 5% size, since you have thara in valk not in stone buckler) and maybe 10% from alligators (sacrificing your DPS though, by replacing accesories). This doesn't seem to make up for the damage increase you get from having one less person (tank) in the damage area. If I am mistaken however, and option with tank dying on every EQ is better, maybe Kaizel (autoress) could do the work? Probably not unless we are fast with Kapue on you.

Playing around with calculator it seems that it is better to just focus on keeping 6 mains alive, then gearing all the alts to tank it. It is crucial however that we keep the linker alive, as Kaupe is basically 1/3 damage reduction. We need someone actively playing on linker, as he/she will have to Kaupe entire group every 30 seconds. Note that linker link lvl 1 (as on mwlinker) lasts only two and a half minutes and is likely to run out before we kill him. But I guess we can just ress the other linker when it is time to rebuff. Both linkers can run into mana problems though...

I don't have Apple of Idun maxed yet, but in theory it should give you 35% max HP atm. I don't know how it is calculated though and will have to test it before we face Orc Lord. Also note, that I will need bard link on me all the time, so that my songs affect me.
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

If my Sage isn't actively helping int he fight (just soaking up dmg), I can play pretty much any class anyone needs.
Name: Michael
EU WoW: Kartekk (Outlands)
US WoW: Kartekk (Tichondrius)
GvS

Post by GvS »

Unfortunately EQ isn't blocked by ME.
If calculator is correct - that's how it's divided.

Even with autoress, I won't have Kaupe on tank, because slaves will hit me all time, so I die from 1st hit, autores, die from 2nd hit.

With kaupe and autores alts without gear will take all three hits but rebuffing them will take precious time which we could use lexing MvP instead. I insist to get all of them at least thara in stone buckler - total cost is like 3,2m and it should allow them to stay alive even after power up. I don't like the idea of relying on autores for half of party.
There is simple solution to SP problems - blue pots or oranges.

I think 35% more HP should be enough, but yeah, let's test it before.
Crow

Post by Crow »

The calc doesn't say anything about damage not being divided between 'zones'. Unless proven otherwise I would think that the damage will be divided equally between everyone in range (both close and ranged) and only the reductions will be calculated differently...
GvS

Post by GvS »

You are right, I was confused.

Then, I should be able to tank it without problems and additional reductions from horn, stone buckler and alligators will help us survive. Keep in mind that they will be useful for all MvPs with EQ, not only for Orc Lord like thara.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Most of you have probably already seen it but if not - vid of Doddler & co doing Endless tower bosses. He is speeding through the part we are in though.
http://ro.doddlercon.com/video/endless_short-june14.htm
GvS

Post by GvS »

It's worth watching.

Another nice vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO4rmZ1CoS4
Crow

Post by Crow »

While we have not went much further this week then we did last week, Doppel is considerably hard so I am glad we managed to down him. On the other hand - I don't think we can speed much faster through the lower levels so I think our progress will be much slower now. We might need a higher level / better geared tank to get through thrash levels faster and hopefully once Maczer and Aria transcend killing thrash mobs will be faster.

As far as some bosses are concerned Mistress is still taking a lot of time to kill. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do to down her faster, short of recruiting asura monk once Owa changes to scholar. Melee classes just can't hit her when she agi ups and dispelling it also doesn't work too well, since we lack a good indicator of when she does so. Unless we want to spam dispell her, which would consume a lot of gems...

We took quite some time to kill Amon Ra, but that was mostly due to fact that we needed to learn new setup. Hopefully next week everyone remembers the strategy so we can just lay ME and kill him. If you are good at exact distances, Owa, then it would be nice to have ME one or two cells closer to him next time - there was only one cell from which I could hit him, while staying on ME this time.

Arch Angeling is the toughest guy we met so far. Still I can kill him quite fast, provided that neither I or the lexing priest starts to miss him. As long as every AV is lexed, I am linked and imposition manused and there is ME on him, so he doesn't sanc we should be able to kill him as fast as we did yesterday in last attempt.

We died on Bio MVP because her element change took us by surprise. Hopefully next week we can take her on first attempt.

I am looking forward to killing Atroce next week. He doesn't have any skills that the entire group should fear, so if we can tank him we can kill him. I know snipers solo him, but they do it by kiting not tanking and he does have some nasty attack buffs (lvl10 2hand quicken, lvl2 power up and some single target skills). If we down him at first attempt we can kill Orc Hero easily and with all the gear we bought for Orc Lord I hope to kill him soon too. That will bring us to the final bosses of third map - Bapho and Dark Lord, which will probably spoil us some blood.

If somehow we get past them, fourth map is composed of endgame MVPs. Fallen Bishop, followed by Ifrit, followed by Valk. I don't think we are getting past them without some serious leveling, gearing up and recruiting... The drops from them are quite rewarding though :D.