New Endless Tower Topic

Contact your Multiworld friends around the world.

Moderator: 1WingedAngel

czulki

Re: New Endless Tower Topic

Post by czulki »

fifty dkp minus please :3
Crow

Post by Crow »

I believe we should keep selling them and sharing money. Obviously buy priority goes to participants. We can discuss what to do when we get another MVP card, but as for goods that are easily sellable and easily buyable (like Valk, Ifrit, etc. drops) sharing money seems to be fair.
GvS

Post by GvS »

Next ET run is planned on Monday 20:30. It won't be like regular ones because not everyone can come. We'll just go as far as we can with those who show up.
A necromancer is just a really late healer.
GvS

Post by GvS »

After long break I wish to resume our ET parties. Next one is planned for tommorow, Sunday at 20:30, like always.

Party so far:

1. Anelai
2. Crow
3. Chi
4. Raflik
5. Maczer (on priest)
6. burner
7. czulki
8. Daniel (sorc)
9. Rorneus (on RK)
10. GvS
11. ???
12. ???

We have to spots open - one for sac RG, other for MS sura. If we fail to get them we'll probably skip Valk, but I want to do bishop and ifrit at least.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Ok, you are not going to be happy about this. I love Ro and I love playing with you, but I want to try some of the Cataclysm raiding. Due to that I won't be able to attend to ET runs on Sundays (nor Mondays and Wednesdays). Bearing WoE times in mind that leaves me only with Thursdays (or maybe Fridays and Saturdays) as a possible day to go to ET.

On a plus side I have finished leveling/gearing in heroics in WoW so outside of raid times I intend to level some more in Ro.

PS. In order to deal with Beelzebub perhaps we should keep the Crescent Scythe we found? I guess we could gather funds to buy something like crescent scythe [1] with howard card too. Maybe next time Maczers Warlock will be ready or we can take Aria and use Quag on him too. I believe quag will be also helpful in tanking Ifrit and Valk. Obviously if Maczer brings his main we need a third priest again.
Maczer

Post by Maczer »

Well i did found purpose in draging a bss priest just to make it through Valkyrie but now that we can kill it without that skill, id really rather go with warlock (that should be ready before end of 'tits zerg event.)
The thing is, buffing single target is pointless with mass buffs. Heal skill of common priest is like 1,5k at best which is nothing that would save the day in case of danger. I can hardly cure or stat rec' as being most vulnerable to stat changes. The only good skill is ress lv4 which we would prefer not to use at all :D
I believe quag / Grav field / safetywall would actually help our tank die much less times than using 1.5K heal on him not mentioning higher survivability due to better gear.
Dalej sie uciec chyba nie dalo. Ale to i tak nie pomoglo =]
Crow

Post by Crow »

We are all below level of MvPs so we need gears for status resistance anyway. Having said that perhaps we should buy 1000 green pots, put them in Raflik cart and give them to people on the run. Silence was causing us most problems of all the status effects. Chaos was an annoying debuff, but it was not crucial. Sleep on Beele was devastating, but we need people to use Nightmare gears - priests are too busy to debuff. Other two statuses that need to be handled are stun and stone curse. So far only Phree had aoe SC which wasn't a problem at all, but Beele in true form has that as well. While a regular priest will easily get stunned/SCed, if he is the first target to be recovered, he can help with recovering other people.

The main reason we need a third priest however is pneuma. This skill is crucial on some MvPs and can be cast by lvl 50 aco.

Other than that I do agree that lock with quag, grav field (does it work on bosses?) and SW is going to help tank survivability much more than a regular priest. Especially on Valk, but on other hard bosses too. Plus we do need quag if we want to kill Beele with spiral.

All in all - I think lock would be a good addition to our runs, but I am not sure if we are ready to drop the third priest.
GvS

Post by GvS »

There is maint on Thursday and WoE on Saturday. I don't mind Friday, but I know others might have problems with it. I have no choice but to keep it on Sunday. Our progress will probably stop without such pro minstrel and I doubt we'll find another one.

There is probably no point in discussing it now, but I have few ideas about beelze.

1. We could use Round Shield we found on RK to avoid pushback from Pulse Strike. Khali went down to 24m so it's affordable.
2. RG should sac with defender more people. Beelze and his mob hits weren't that hard. With better reductions there shoudn't be trouble with recasting MS if we're careful enough.
3. I got 100% crit spear pally which we could use. I plan to get Resistant Souls on him too. It would be very useful for bishop, Valk and beelze.
4. Reborn Ziza and make him into SBK sinX. That's how Valk killed beelze pre-renewal. It never miss now, but dmg might suck.

Quagmire should be useful too.

As Crow said, 3rd priest was useful for pneuma but I agree that it's getting too much statuses from high level MvPs. I would like to hear other priests opinions about ditching 3rd priest.

I would like to try switching chars too. The problem is – running to 90th floor from 1st takes a lot of time. On one ET I noticed that someone who was late ended up floor above party after we killed MvP. Maybe saving works if you're just in party. I would like to try it next time by leaving with by genetic on samurai specter floor and joining with pally. It could save us a lot of floors.
Crow

Post by Crow »

I don't know the detail, but recently Doddler edited Down Tempo wiki page (the duet that reduces def of all enemies in range to 0) stating, that it works on boss protocol monsters. This could maybe come in handy when killing Thorns. I don't think this will help much against any MvPs since our main killer is using Acid Demo, but still something worth noting.
Crow

Post by Crow »

It wasn't listed among the patch notes, but Reflect Damage and Shield Reflect were blocked in ET, Nid's Nest and maybe shrine this week.