Ventrilo Server

Informational topics and news here / Informacyjne tematy i ogłoszenia tutaj.

Moderator: Distant

Crow

Ventrilo Server

Post by Crow »

EDIT: New server info:

vent50.light-speed.com
port: 12734

Ladies and Gentleman, we proudly announce that starting today Multiworld has its own Ventrilo server. This is the data you need in order to login:

Ventrilo version 3.0.3
Server: multiworld.instantvent.com
Port: 7225

The server has 50 player slots.

The server has three channels available for guests and a number of channels available for Multiworld members:

Blue Haven – The General char room. Place for general chat with your Multiworld friends
Ro general / WoW general – General chat rooms for people enjoying listed games
Polish Room – if you can’t stand English language, you can go here
AFK – obvious
Party/PvP – Rooms where you go if you need a private chat with someone.

Now, as you know, Multiworld members use many languages. Please use English language in Ro/WoW rooms. Please use Polish in Polish room. As far as Blue Haven room is concerned the language of choice will depend on people present in the room. If you want to discuss something not in English/Polish please go to one of the party/pvp rooms.

Now, finally, about the ‘members’ part. The password to that section is ‘blue_haven’. While it is (for the time being, we might change it in future) available here even to people not registered on the forums, please do not give it away to anyone. If you want to invite some friends / PUGs / randoms for a chat, use ‘guest’ rooms, which are available without password.

The Ventrilo client is available for download from the website: http://ventrilo.com/

Enjoy our Vent server, and looking forward to hearing you soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panie i panowie mamy przyjemność ogłosić, że od dnia dzisiejszego Multiworld dysponuje własnym serwerem Ventrilo. Dane potrzebne do zalogowania się:

Ventrilo version 3.0.3
Server: multiworld.instantvent.com
Port: 7225

Serwer może obsłużyć jednocześnie 50 użytkowników.

Na serwerze znajdują się trzy kanały przeznaczone dla gości oraz kanały przeznaczone dla osób związanych z MW:

Blue Haven – Chat na dowolne tematy.
Ro general / WoW general – Dla forumowiczów grających w w/w gry
Polish Room – Jeśli ktoś nie może znieść języka angielskiego to zapraszamy tu.
AFK – wiadomo
Party/PvP – Tutaj możemy wyskoczyć na prywatną rozmowę z innymi forumowiczami.

Od momentu uruchomienia inicjatywy Multiworld International forum stało się wielojęzyczne. Na kanałach poświęconych poszczególnym grom prosimy używać języka angielskiego. W Blue Haven język będzie zależał od osób aktualnie obecnych na kanale. Jeśli się okaże, że będzie dużo osób anglojęzycznych, to rozmowy w języku polskim można przenieść do Polish Room.

Aby dostać się do pokojów ‘members only’ trzeba podać hasło ‘blue_haven’. Jak widać hasło to jest publicznie dostępne tu na forum, nawet dla osób nie zarejestrowanych (być może zmienimy to w przyszłości). Prosiłbym jednak nie przekazywać tego hasła osobom zupełnie nie związanym z forum. Jeśli chcecie pogadać ze znajomymi, albo z jakimiś randomami zaproście ich do pokojów gościnnych, dostępnych bez podawania hasła.

Klienta Ventrilo można pobrać ze strony: http://ventrilo.com/

Życzymy przyjemnego użytkowania naszego serwera Ventrilo i do usłyszenia.
Norrdec

Re: Ventrilo Server

Post by Norrdec »

Oh nice Crow.

Where is the server located/hosted by whom?
< korm> O JEZU PANIE KURCZAKU NIECH PAN TEDY NIE WYCHODZI Q_Q
< korm> TAK UCZY JEZUS
Crow

Post by Crow »

It is located in Germany (because the company that sells Vent does not allow licencing 3.0 in Poland @@). Hosted by international company: http://www.instantventrilo.com/

Btw. We have 30 days to try it out, so please try to use it as often as possible, to see if you like it. Also if you think that there should be some other chat rooms, write about it in 'Managment' section.
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

Hmm, if we use it, like it, and end up keeping it, I would like to contribute something, as I've been considering for years to get a vent for all of my friends.

Also, if less than 50 MW members are on, are there any guidelines about bringing guests or anything?
Name: Michael
EU WoW: Kartekk (Outlands)
US WoW: Kartekk (Tichondrius)
Crow

Post by Crow »

Also, if less than 50 MW members are on, are there any guidelines about bringing guests or anything?
Hym, I wanted to make it clear in OP, but I guess I failed (or people don't read my walls of text). Feel free to use our vent with your friends (I don't expect to get 50+ people on anytime soon), but please use guest channels for that. Do not give the 'members' password to people not associated with MW.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

what happens if I use a different version of Ventrilo?
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

Older versions usually don't work, and I think they changed it a lot in the last few versions so it likely will not work at all.
bibi

Post by bibi »

Kirk

Post by Kirk »

1WingedAngel wrote:Older versions usually don't work, and I think they changed it a lot in the last few versions so it likely will not work at all.
I have "latest" its just one grade behind. The thing is that I don't wanna lose my settings after installing the new version.
1WingedAngel

Post by 1WingedAngel »

Try it and find out. =P